Wednesday, October 7, 2009

You make me so...

I used to get sooo angry when people did things that didn't fit into my plans for an ideal world... i.e. everything. And so, I was always angry. I'd cover it up well, though. I'd smile and laugh with all my friends and go home and rant at my wife and spank the kids. They tell me I gave them all whippings once because no one would tell me who'd left the towel on the bathroom floor. Well, it's the principle. I'd always say if they'd just admit it, there wouldn't be a problem. But no one ever would. Hm. Wonder why.

Now, whenever I get angry, I wonder why. I step back and examine the situation objectively. I've read that I'm never upset about what I think I'm upset about, and it usually proves true, if I can face it. It's not always pretty. For example, I've realized that when my sister does something I find offensive, it's because I feel like I'm not in control. (Well, she does love to see how many licks it takes to get to the chewy center of my lollipop.) But if I remember who I am... a glorious child of the universe... I can let her play her games without its affecting me. I realize she feels small and wants to feel bigger than someone, so she focuses her attention on me. Needlesstosay, I choose not to be around that, so she does her machinations off camera, now.

People will always be doing things other than what we think is right and good and correct, so we can either be angry always, or learn to deal. Forgiveness goes a long way, and I've realized that I have to keep forgiving some people (most people) cuz they just keep doing things differently than I think they should, dangit! But if I focus on the person I can forgive them, for they don't know what they're doing. Or, they're doing the best they know how (don't we all?).



Yours,

D



P.S. And everyone knows, now, that no one makes anyone else angry, we do it all ourselves...right?

3 comments:

  1. Dammit, why are not all people I have to deal with reasonable and sane and nice??? Try talking on the phone to the general public. Just try it and see how much of your so-called sanity is left after even a short period of time.
    What's even worse to think about is all the occasions during which I don't live up to others' expectations of me. Why did I not show up for choir practice? Geez, what are the speculations? Sick, tired, flat tire, wants to go home to be w/hubby and not think about freakin' choir practice. Is it something I did or said, didn't do or say? Is she losing her religion? Aaaahhh...
    D, you give me so much about which to think. Thanks, hunny bunny,
    C

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are right, you are right. Totally. That's all I have to say.

    I don't agree with you on some other aspects, like your view of Christianity, my friend. But that doesn't mean I'm gonna freak out and go rant on my husband right now. :) I see what you mean though in this blog. That we get frustrated because others can't seem to function as we think they should. It's not The Truman Show that's all mapped out.

    ReplyDelete
  3. C: no prob. i think so much it's nice to give some of them to others!!!

    V: well, if you do rant at your hubby, can't blame me... see p.s. ^^^...

    ReplyDelete